Love is not only the most overused word in the English language, but also widely misused. Everyone has a different definition of what they believe love to be and apply that understanding to their actions. There are also many definitions out there to explain what love is. There is not much I could say when it comes to the theory of love, but nothing beats experiencing love in a personal way. I have experienced love and I believe reading this would clear some doubts or misunderstandings about where you stand with that special person.
To begin with, having strong doubts about that special someone is a clear sign that he or she does not love you and vice versa. Waiting for assurance from someone is an indication that what you are thinking is correct. Secondly, before you keep reading, take a few seconds to acknowledge what you’ve been thinking and feeling in your guts for a while now. Everyone’s experience is different and no one size fits all.
Love is a decision. Moreover, my special someone and I wake up every day making a decision to fulfil the former decision to love each other. Below are some things to look out for with that special someone:
- Do you feel good about yourself whenever you are around that person?
- Is the person generous towards you, whether it’s monetary or not?
- Does that person make an effort to help you fix a problem you’ve mentioned?
- Are people who are important to him or her, such as family or a close friends, know about you (in a positive light)?
- Does that person respect your views or opinions and take them into consideration when making an important decision?
- Most importantly, does that person value you as a human being first and foremost, and as a special person in his or her life?
Love is simple but not easy. If your special person ticks most or all the boxes then good for you, and I hope you appreciate that person, be it a friend or a romantic partner. I wish you the very best and amazing experiences with your special someone as Valentine’s Day is around the corner.