Source: Pexels by Christina Morillo
Programming and learning to code are highly lucrative skills in today’s world of technology employment. One could programme a robot to perform household duties, relieving the stress of elderly homeowners. It’s possible to program apps and software, into providing useful information to users in many forms of output. For example, a GPS app is coded with the programming functions of an interactive map. So you know where you’re going, and how long it will take to get there. Here are some programming books I would recommend:
1) A Programmer’s Guide to Computer Science: A virtual degree for the self-taught developer: Amazon.co.uk: Springer II, Dr. William M, Allgood, Nicholas R, Springer, Brit: 9781951204006: Books
2) A Programmer’s Guide to Computer Science Vol. 2: A virtual degree for the self-taught developer eBook: Springer II, William M., Springer, Brit, Allgood, Nicholas: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store
3) The C Programming Language (2nd Edition): Amazon.co.uk: Kernighan, Brian, Ritchie, Dennis: 8601410794231: Books
4) Python Programming for Beginners: 2 Books in 1 – The Ultimate Step-by-Step Guide To Learn Python Programming Quickly with Practical Exercises (Computer Programming) eBook: Reed, Mark: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store
5)Pragmatic Programmer, The: Your journey to mastery, 20th Anniversary Edition eBook: Thomas, David, Hunt, Andrew: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store
6) Computer Programming Bible: A Step-by-Step Guide On How To Master From The Basics to Advanced of Python, C, C++, C#, HTML Coding Raspberry Pi3 eBook: Inc, C.P.A : Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store
Liked any of these books? There are also a plethora of blogs and online publications, dedicated to the logical subject of programming and coding. Here are a few online resources to get you going in the right direction.
1) My Programming Blog
2) A List Apart – For people who make websites
3) Code Wall – Web Development & Programming
4) Kodeco, the new raywenderlich.com | High-quality programming tutorials: iOS, Android, Swift, Kotlin, Flutter, Server Side Swift, Unity, and more!
5) Erik Bernhardsson